Jebel Ali Racecourse, which celebrates its 21st year this season, hosts prestigious horse racing events in Dubai.
Thousands of race fans visit the racecourse every fortnight to experience a memorable day out and witness top-class racing within the marvellous grounds of Jebel Ali Racecourse.
His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Chairman of Dubai Police and General Security & Chairman of Jebel Ali Racecourse, attributes special importance to all race meetings held at the racecourse, where visitors and families are encouraged to attend and enjoy the facilities and events.
Jebel Ali Racecourse location and race dates
The racecourse venue is in a prime central location in Dubai by The Greens. It is located off the main Dubai-Abu Dhabi highway (Sheikh Zayed Road) opposite Dubai Media City (Jebel Ali Racecourse location map).
This season began on 2 November 2012 and runs every 2nd Friday until 22 March 2013. View Jebel Ali Racecourse photos.
UAE Culture & Heritage
The tradition of horse racing in the UAE is deeply connected to the culture and heritage of the nation. Jebel Ali Racecourse has played a significant role in making the UAE a centre for international racing, hosting three stake races during the Emirates racing calendar (Jebel Ali Stakes, Jebel Ali Mile, Jebel Ali Sprint).
Jebel Ali Racecourse Race Sponsors
His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai and UAE Minister of Finance, continues to support horse racing at Jebel Ali Racecourse with the longstanding commitment of Shadwell Farm, Shadwell Stud and Derrinstown Stud as major sponsors of the races.
The ‘Best Turned Out Horse’ is sponsored by Dubai International Arabian Horse Championship at a prize value of Dhs. 1000 per race.
Corporate boxes and VIP Grandstand
Sponsors and corporate hospitality guests can enjoy the facilities of 10 private suites as well as the VIP Grandstand with 5* catering provided by co-sponsors Jumeirah Hospitality. All points at Jebel Ali Racecourse offer a direct view of the race track and finishing line.
Jebel Ali Racecourse Facilities
The organisers and Racecourse Manager Eng. Shareef Al Halawani are dedicated to making the event enjoyable for all visitors, granting free entry to the public and providing a range of facilities that include free parking for 3500 cars.
Children’s activities and prizes for all!
- A children’s playground behind the Public Grandstand keeps younger visitors entertained
- Sponsors Al Habtoor Motors are giving away an iPad to the winner of the children’s colouring competition
- Also sponsored by Al Habtoor Motors this season, one lucky raffle ticket holder has the chance of winning a Mitsubishi Lancer at the end of the race day via a coupon priced at only Dhs. 10
- All racegoers are handed free coupons for a raffle of hundreds of gifts awarded by Jebel Ali Racecourse and its co-sponsors. These include LCDs, mobile phones and electronic items from top brands
Top tips to help you enjoy your time at Jebel Ali Racecourse
- Arrive early to take your place in the various racecourse locations
- Main gates open from 10:00
- Races run from about 2pm to 5pm at 30 minute intervals (check schedule)
- Buses from the car park shuttle racegoers to the public enclosure, reached via a short walk through the ‘Faltaat Tunnel’
- Medical and first aid points are available
- Round Table Pizza and a cafeteria is located in the public areas
Jebel Ali Racecourse history & contact
- Jebel Ali Racecourse is owned by H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
- Construction of the racetrack, grandstand and adjoining stable commenced in 1990
- Since 1990 Jebel Ali Racecourse has been the base of Mr. Dhruba Selvaratnam, Trainer and Racing Manager to H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
- The surface of the track is a mixture of special desert sand and oil, considered to be one of the best all-weather tracks in the world
- For enquiries, send Email to Clerk of the Course
Follow UAE horse racing
- Follow Dubai Racing Channel
- Keep up-to-date with Al Adiyat magazine