Why is it that I recommend BRIDE Abu Dhabi 2013 and BRIDE Dubai? This UAE bride show is the largest luxury bridal event in the region with several options under one roof for a couple’s special day. A glance in each direction reveals elegant design displays and trendy ladies’ fashion: a bride’s dream come true if you are planning the perfect wedding.
Her Highness Sheikha Sheikha Bint Saif, wife of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan and President, Honorary Chairman and Lifetime Patron of The Make-A-Wish Foundation ® United Arab Emirates, has confirmed she will inaugurate BRIDE and Beyond Beauty Arabia 2013 as part of her patronage of the Middle East’s largest and most prestigious wedding and beauty events.
BRIDE Abu Dhabi 2013 dates & location
BRIDE runs from 30 January – 2nd February 2013 at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre. ADNEC in Abu Dhabi is a world-class event venue that hosts weddings in addition to international events and exhibitions.
Given my experience as a wedding organiser and enjoying previous BRIDE shows, I recommend BRIDE as a must-attend event that promises to be an exciting day out.
The show layout makes it easy to access wedding suppliers showcasing various services. It is a very comfortable browsing environment in my experience, and exhibitors are keen to offer helpful advice.
BRIDE Abu Dhabi features a VIP Lounge and the new Jewellery Pavilion. There are plenty of ideas for inspiration, whether it’s a floral paradise on a wedding stage or elaborate table decoration and sparkling chandeliers.
The perfect wedding dress
If you’re looking for the perfect wedding dress, bridal fashion shows are a highlight of the event throughout the day (check end of BRIDE show review for fashion show schedule). Glamourous models are dressed as beautiful brides – some walk around the show floor so you can examine the dress detail and check make-up looks.
Leave enough time to explore make-up and grooming services at Beyond Beauty Arabia, making its Middle East debut at BRIDE. The experts from customer-friendly beauty company Faces share skincare secrets and make-up tips to help you look your best.
Test custom-made fragrances from local perfumeries and let yourself be pampered by treatments from brands such as Elemis as offered by the newly opened Luxury Element Spa in Abu Dhabi.
Abu Dhabi wedding venues
Several hotels and event venues will be at the event to promote their facilities. Find your ideal wedding menu by sampling food by top chefs and catering companies. To record the special day, several photography studios and video production companies are on hand to showcase their portfolio.
Top tips to help you make the most of your visit to BRIDE
- Let the professionals guide you – or appoint a wedding planner to manage the event
- The UAE is a top wedding destination so book your wedding venue early to confirm your date and avoid disappointment
- If you are expecting guests from all corners of the globe, request special hotel rates for the group
- Plan a meeting with the hotel or venue; it is best to view the location and facilities as soon as possible before making that all-important decision
- For honeymoon packages, DNATA is on hand as one of the world’s largest air travel service providers
- For a romantic Abu Dhabi wedding venue, discover luxury Abu Dhabi hotel Shangri-La, Qaryat Al Beri
- Invest your time at BRIDE to help you with ideas to plan your wedding celebrations in advance, and in style
- Mark your diary for BRIDE Dubai from 10 – 13 April 2013 at Dubai International Exhibition Centre
BRIDE Abu Dhabi timings & tickets
- Open to the public daily from 2:30-10:30pm
- To register for complimentary tickets, visit www.thebrideshow.com and www.beyondbeautyarabia.com
Live updates from BRIDE exhibition
Live updates from Beyond Beauty Arabia
Fashion show schedule, BRIDE Abu Dhabi 2013:
Wednesday 30 January
- 5:00pm – Hadi Katra Couture
- 6:00pm – Dar Nassem Al Andalos
- 7:00pm – Faragé Paris
- 8:00pm – Scintilla Monaco
- 9:00pm – Dar Al Moda
Thursday 31 January
- 5:00pm – Al Dana Cloaks
- 6:00pm – Sposa Haute Couture
- 7:00pm – Trio Couture
- 8:00pm – Point Glamour
- 9:00pm – Lecci Fashion Design
Friday 1 February
- 6:00pm – Maestro Fashion Designer
- 7:00pm – ATAM Khaled Khalil Bridal Haute Couture
- 8:00pm – Dar Sara High Fashion
- 9:00pm – Ghawashi by Angelo Estera
Saturday 2 February
- 6:00pm – Telly Designs
- 7:00pm – Marrakesh Moroccan Fashion
- 8:00pm – Dar Al Mansoury