Achtung: Over 6 million people enjoyed Oktoberfest in Munich earlier this month, and you can continue the celebrations in Dubai!
Oktoberfest is the largest fair on earth and the popularity of this beer festival has spread across the world. Oktoberfest Dubai 2012 runs until 27 October in the grounds of one of the best venues to celebrate the event in Dubai: the magnificent 5* hotel, Grand Hyatt Dubai.
In the midst of the hotel’s spectacular gardens, a special marquee decorated in true Bavarian style has been set up with long benches to accommodate large groups joining in the festivities. The band ‘Die Kirchdorfer’, who played at the Munich Oktoberfest and are especially in Dubai for this event, do a great job of keeping people entertained with German folk music & hit songs. If you’ve never experienced an authentic Bavarian party, this is a must-do event that gives a realistic impression of how much fun they are.
Everyone is welcome to come in traditional Bavarian dress – ‘Dirndl’ for ladies and ‘Lederhosen’ for men. There’s food, drink and entertainment all night long to keep families and friends singing and dancing to jolly tunes. When the band members are not busy cracking a few jokes – as they do from time to time – they might even ask you to join them on stage for a sing-along! As is the norm in Germany’s numerous cultural festivals, there is joy in the air, and even those who don’t understand the beautiful German language will find they are joining in the laughter.
The experience brought back fond memories of my holiday in Bavaria and I’m all set to enjoy the event again this week. Make the most of it while you can but Achtung (German for ‘Attention’)!: due to high demand, reservations are recommended.
Offers, information & contact details of Oktoberfest Dubai 2012 @ Grand Hyatt Dubai
- For Oktoberfest bookings & enquiries, call +9714 317 2271
- 7pm – 1am, 10-27 October 2012
- Special offers for Friday Brunch from 12:30pm to 4:00pm
- Ladies Night on Tuesdays: Enjoy free flow of Spritzer from 7:00pm until midnight
- Hoteliers’ discount from Sat-Tues
- Visit the Facebook Page or website of Grand Hyatt Dubai for complete info & the latest Oktoberfest photos & other interesting news, promotions, travel deals & events at the hotel
Oktoberfest Munich information & where to buy Bavarian Dirndl & Lederhosen
- Learn more about the world’s largest fair on Oktoberfest’s official page – links are provided within the article for Bavarian traditional clothing you can buy from the website, with images providing ideas on how you can recreate the look
- If you are in Munich or Bavaria you will find traditional Bavarian clothing easily available in shops dotted around cities & towns
- Across Germany you are likely to find well-known brands in major shopping areas and more affordable versions in department stores such as ‘Kaufhof’
- Ladies in Dubai can order their own custom-made Bavarian outfit from ‘Anina W’, a Munich-based fashion label also present in the UAE that specialises in creating this traditional dress with a modern & stylish twist – Tel. +971 50 8750022